Monday, August 23, 2010

A Purrrfect Sunday

Article by Andrea Krystine


While in the City of Angels, my friend and I decided to stretch our legs from all the wine and girl talk and go out into the hot, hot sun for an adventure in rummage shopping. Our journey took us to the marvelously never-ending and glorious Fairfax and Melrose flea market!

Oh what a treat to see so much random 'stuff' being reused and reconstructed into furniture, jewelry, clothing... they even had old vinyl (which actually made me nervous because the cement was super hot) and yummy snow cones!

Walking around and enjoying the ice cool cherry/lemon treat, my lovely friend and I ran into a tent full of amazing handmade and one-of-a-kind works by Purrr Remake - "Tokyo inspired remake clothing for LA hipstars". I took a peek at the designer's site when I got back into town and realized that her pieces sell in boutiques around Japan for about 3-times the price... So check out her etsy if your not near LA!

The rack was full of super cute rompers in all kinds of fun patterns; nauticals, plaids, stripes, and even funky prints. Each romper was also conveniently constructed with an adjustable drawstring that was designed to fit most.




A print dawned with black spotted kitties ended up being a fun retro-chic addition to my animal-loving friend Blair's wardrobe.




The Melrose Trading Post flea market is held every Sunday- totally worth checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers